flag trade center

Friday, May 7, 2010

Ms. Rivers, you're my hero!

Comedian and television personality Joan Rivers was recently asked by Kerry (good name!) Picket of the Washington Times about several current issues facing our nation.  Her responses were quite interesting.  It's hard to find someone in show business who expresses such candor, unless they're either drunk, lambasting former President George W. Bush, or punching some paparazzi in the face.
When asked about the apparent drift towards a "redistribution of wealth" philosophy here in the United States, her reply was fairly plain spoken:
PICKET: "In terms of government today, we're seeing this share the wealth philosophy ... this redistribution of wealth ..."
RIVERS: "Yeah ... really thrilled about that. Go f*** yourself. Could I be any clearer? I worked all my life...all my life, and no one has given me a penny. I have paid every tax. The whole thing, and I pay my way. I don't want to give my money to a third-generation welfare family ... sorry. Go out and go to work."
(In the context of the interview, it does appear that Rivers' invective is directed towards the idea of wealth redistribution, and not towards the interviewer!)
More of the interview can be found by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment