flag trade center

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Just put it on my tab....

That U.S. National Debt has moved beyond $13 trillion when you factor in the $42 billion dollars in "chump change" the Fed auctioned off the other day.

That adds up to about $45,000 per man, woman, and child in the United States.

We're talking about the Federal government spending $1.72 million per minute!!!

I suppose I could "pony up" my share..but I'd have to spread it out over a few credit cards. (Hey, I got my lessons in economics from a government school!)  If we'd all quit being so stingy and just chip in, our nation could be out of debt today!!  (Of course, my kids are on their own for their share.)

Unfortunately, if we did manage to pay off the debt today, we'd be another 4 billion in the hole by this time tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment