flag trade center

Monday, May 10, 2010

California county bans fun..

It seems that our governments are in high gear, looking for more ways to legally regulate our lives.  I was standing in line at a fast-food taco joint just a little while ago, and noticed that they were still free to offer toys with their kids meals.  I thought to myself that I was glad our busybody politicians have bigger fish to fry, so to speak.  Of course, I don't live in California, even though I was born there.  Most of my family has fled the state over the years, mostly due to increased taxation, regulation, and just general nonsense from California state and local governments.  I think I remember my dad saying many times that California started going downhill sometime after Ronald Reagan left the governor's mansion in Sacramento.

Between my father, my uncle, and my grandfather, three seperate successful small business's left California between the 1970's and the 1990's.

Here it is, 2010, and with California already broke, in debt, and facing insolvency and possible bankruptcy, it appears that some knuckleheaded politicians still havn't figured it out:  Increased government regulation forces business away!  It really is as simple as that.

The county commission of Santa Clara County, California has voted to ban toys in kid's meals.  That's right, some politicians who believe that once again they know best whats good for the people they "represent", have decided that the parents of Santa Clara County are either too ignorant, too stupid, or are just plain bad parents, since they have been allowing their kids to eat too many fast-food burgers so the kids can get some cheap Chinese toys.

Never mind that it's the parents decision what their kids eat...for now.  So if they don't go out to Mickey D's and get a burger or some nuggets, along with some apple slices and some juice, they might just as well stay home and have a big ole' bowl of 35 cent a box macaroni and cheese.  Now there's health food!

I was once told by a school teacher that one particular fast food chain, founded by Ray Kroc, and familiar for it's golden arches, has become the largest toy distributor in the world.

Perhaps in Santa Clara County California, they will merely have to take the next step in toy retailing, and simply sell the toys outright for around $3.50.  Perhaps they'll even throw in a burger or some nuggets, some apple slices, and some juice for free!

No comments:

Post a Comment